Learn more about the electricity of your home
- December 28, 2019
- Comments Off on Learn more about the electricity of your home
WHY RENOVATE YOUR ELECTRICAL INSTALLATION?
NEW INSTALLATION :
We will accompany you to make an electrical plan to best meet your needs. You will be given a technical booklet with a single line diagram of your installation. We will do the Consuel file for the opening of your electric subscription.
INSTALLATION IN RENOVATION :
1 in 4 fires are of electrical origin.
The safety of electrical installations in the home environment concerns two main types of accidents:
• electric fires
• accidents directly linked to electrical contact (electrocution or electrification).
Each year in France, there are 50,000 electric fires:
• 61% of them are linked to electrical equipment (radiator, washing machine, microwave, lamp, etc.)
• 36% to fixed or mobile installations (sockets, multiple sockets, extension cables, etc.)
• 3% at installations in common areas.
• About 40 people are victims of electrocution or lethal electric shock.
• 3,000 people a year are victims of electric shock (the passage of an electric current through the body, causing injuries that can be serious).
• Material damage to electrical equipment is also numerous (> 400,000 per year). They are mainly due to lightning, overcurrent, overheating, component failure or an electrical fault.
These figures are published by the National Observatory for Electrical Safety (O.N.S.E).
THE AGING OF EXISTING FACILITIES
• The use of the electrical installation of housing has changed significantly in recent years. Households have more and more household appliances.
• Old electrical installations are not designed for such demanding and intensive use. This results in undersizing and premature wear of the entire installation, from the electrical panel to the sockets.
• The safety rules essential for the protection of residents are also not respected. For example, it is common to find sockets next to a bathtub.
• The risks involved are diverse and are the cause of many domestic accidents each year.
• Short circuits and overloads generate fire starts. The cause may be: a socket whose connections have loosened over time, a machine connected to a circuit not provided for this purpose, an electric arc …
• Equally serious, residents of homes can be victims of electric shock or electric shock that can result in death. The human body acts as a conductor, in the event of a current leak on a household appliance, if the circuit does not have specific protection.
• During an electrical renovation, a large number of parameters should be taken into account in order to minimize the risk of bodily injury or material accidents.
• The renovation is not always total and does not always, for technical or budgetary reasons, meet the latest standards in force. However, there are corrective actions to be taken to reach a minimum safety threshold. It is important to understand that there is not a single renovation solution, but several levels which are variable depending on the constraints of the building, financial constraints …
We therefore carry out a diagnostic of the installation to know and respond as best as possible to secure your accommodation.
The purpose of the electrical diagnosis is to find out if an electrical installation contains faults likely to represent a potential danger of electric shock, electric shock or fire.
Like the compulsory electrical diagnosis when selling or renting accommodation, the proposed diagnosis is based on an inspection reference system defined by standard XP C16-600. It makes it possible to assess the state, material and safety level of the electrical installation, located downstream of the connection circuit breaker.
The verification concerns the presence of:
• a General Control and Protection Device AGCP (circuit breaker), located in the housing
• at least one differential sensitivity device suitable for earth connection.
• an equipotential bond
• overcurrent protection devices adapted to the cross-section of the conductors for each electrical circuit.
It should also be checked:
• the absence of unsuitable, obsolete electrical equipment or those presenting risks of direct contact with live parts
• the good condition of the mechanical protections of the electrical conductors
• that the electrical installation is adapted to the particular conditions in the shower rooms and bathrooms.
Security works are limited to the processing of security points, without any modification of the structure of the existing installation, nor of its performance.
For Photovoltaics, we can, thanks to our RGE Quali SPV qualification, provide you with assistance for the installation of your panels.
You can choose to resell your production or be installed in self-consumption with a resale of the surplus product.
OTHER SERVICES RELATED TO ELECTRICITY :
• Electric heating: we offer different choices of electric heating, inertia, radiant panels, inertia with fluid, inertia with lava rock, connected heating that you controlled with your smartphone application, or underfloor heating with radiating panels flow into the clevis.
• The ventilation of your accommodation: The CMV (controlled mechanical ventilation), either single flow (self-regulating) or humidity-sensitive A and humidity-sensitive B or a double-flow ventilation.